1) DO NOT take pen drives, CDs, laptops, cameras or any other mass storage device to the office. You can keep them in your room.
2) DO NOT take photos with your phone inside the office. Taking photos is strictly prohibited.
3) DO NOT be late for any session or presentation. Some leads are very strict and may not allow you to attend that session.
4) For guys who smoke, use the breaks and go to the proper area where smoking is allowed.
5) DO NOT use your phone frequently because many ILP centers don’t allow the usage of phones inside the office. If it is allowed in small amounts, make sure you maintain your phone etiquette by using the breaks to make a call, moving to a corner and speaking in a low tone. Other than that, calling up your friend to come to class, sending an SMS in class, playing games and checking your Facebook is totally allowed, provided that you don’t get caught!
6) DO NOT chew gums and throw them here and there. It’ll be bad if you are caught chewing gums If you really have to chew something, do it at your own risk!
7) DO NOT take food items to office. In Trivandrum, sometimes, chocolates and biscuits weren’t even allowed. But, if you can take them through, you can eat them in the small breaks. Or, you can eat in class! Again, don’t get caught!
8) DO NOT waste your coffee breaks and big break. You get them after long hours. Freshen yourself up in these 15 or 30 minutes!
9) DO NOT wander off in the middle of lab sessions. If you need to drink water (coz guys don’t usually carry water) or wash your face (coz girls usually do that), ask your lead or let the person beside you know that. That way, if you are not in your seat, people will know that you didn’t ditch that session. I remember running off 5-10 minutes before the end of lab session, so that I don’t get into a long queue during the big break! Of course, don’t do this if your lead is around!
10) DO NOT dress improperly throughout the week. Read my post on grooming at- BASIC GROOMING AND ETIQUETTE.
11) DO NOT use offensive language, direct/indirect insults, swearing and criticism. It will be bad for your rating and people will give bad feedback about you and know you as someone having an attitude problem. If you’re heard by any lead or supervisor, it can cost you your job. So, keep it all outside the office! Discussing about how your lead is teaching JAVA is totally normal but, keep it low! You have feedback sessions for that!
12) DO NOT indulge in any destructive activities like breaking and damaging things. That is the last thing TCS expects from you. Do not run about and behave like children. Remember, be in your very best behaviour, always!
13) DO NOT violate TCS Information Security policies. You’ll get to know them once you join ILP. Lock your system when you aren’t around, Log off when not using it, do not use the Internet for personal uses except during free time. Most sites like Facebook, YouTube, Gmail etc. will be blocked. Don’t try any other pathways as the iSecurity team constantly monitors your surfing history. You can take a dongle and surf the net in your hostel.